Since the pandemic began people, worldwide have been embracing cooking and even more breadmaking. The appeal of comfort food, especially during uncertain times like these, takes us to that magic place where our happiest memories are.
Who doesn't love the smell of the warm bread coming out of the oven? What if it has cheese filler, a little bit of butter, and garlic? The pleasure they provide in times like these can be profound!
Looking in my old recipes notes, I've found a recipe that will bring your kitchen with that very tasty smell of warm bread and your mind as happy as never!
Let's bake then!
- 250g white bread flour
- ½ sachet fast action dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 180ml warm water
- 100g Butter (unsalted)
- 15g parsley (I really never measure it, just use it as you like)
- 1 tbsp garlic pasta
- 200g Cheddar, or other you like better
HOW TO PREPARE IT
- Mix the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the water and olive oil in a jug.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and slowly, while mixing, pour the wet ingredients in the well until it all comes together.
- Plop the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 15 minutes, adding a sprinkle of flour here and there if it gets too sticky.
- Put in a lightly oiled bowl, cover, and leave somewhere warm for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic-parsley butter. Put the butter, garlic, and parsley into a food processor. If you do not have a food processor, just finely chop the parsley and mix with a fork into the butter and garlic well chopped until they get a homogenous mixture.
- Cut your cheese into 12 even pieces. Preheat oven to full whack!
- When the dough has doubled in size, roll into a sausage shape and cut into 12 even pieces.
- Take a cube of cheese and push it into the dough ball; make sure to pinch the edges securely. Otherwise, the cheese will ooze out during cooking.
- Put on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Put the balls on a serving board and smear a generous amount of the butter over the balls.
Take a deep breath, and let me know how the smell around you makes you feel!
When you make this recipe, if you post it, don't forget to tag us #ndtdesignatkitchen!