- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder sifted
- 2 tbsp butter, plus more for rolling the Brigadeiros
- A pinch of salt
- Chocolate sprinkles (or any sprinkles you like)
* To top cakes or cupcakes add: 7.6 oz heavy cream or table cream - media crema
How to make it
In a small saucepan mix, the sweetened condensed milk, the cocoa powder, the salt, and the butter. Bring the pan to the heat over medium-low.
Cook it, it is important to stirring continuously until it thickens. It will be ready when you can see the bottom of the pot for 2-3 seconds when dragging a spatula through.
Reserve and let it chill to room temperature (or about 1 hour).
In a bowl spread your sprinkles. Once the Brigadeiro is cool enough to touch, is time to grease your hands with butter and shape them into little balls (or at the size you like most). Then roll the ball in chocolate sprinkles.
* If you want to use it as topping for cakes, after removing the heat just add 7.6 oz of heavy cream or a can of table cream - media crema, stirring vigorously until the mixture is homogeneous.
** If you want to serve it in small cups, remove the heat when running the spatula you can see the bottom of the pan for 1-2 seconds. Pour the soft mixture into the small cups and topping it with chocolate sprinkles.
When you make this recipe, if you post it, don't forget to tag us #ndtdesignatkitchen!